Protector F1 is the market leading inhibitor which prevents corrosion and limescale formation in central heating systems. This high performance product offers superior protection by uniquely combining three inhibitors of organic particles, which bind to the metal within the heating system to protect from debris alongside anodic inhibitors which react with the system’s metal surface to create a protective layer, and cathodic inhibitors that combine with hard water salts to form an insoluble layer. Fernox Protector F1 also includes enhanced a pH buffering to ensure the system water pH level does not drop below 6.5 or above 8.5 – the optimum pH range for preventing corrosion and limescale build-up. In line with local regulations and best practice, and for long-term protection of the system, concentration levels should be maintained and checked annually as part of the boiler or system service. Protector F1 is compatible with all other Fernox products and is suitable for use with all materials and metals used in central heating systems, including aluminium. The Fernox Express range uses Barrier Pressure Pack technology and compressed air propellent to expel the product so the entire range is non-flammable. The propellent (compressed air) is not mixed with the active product so there is no risk of air ingress into the system which could accelerate future risk of corrosion.
- Protects against corrosion and scale in mixed metal central heating systems to prevent breakdown and premature boiler failure
- Quick and convenient – doses in 30 seconds via radiator, filling loop or Fernox TF1 System Filter – no need to drain down the system
- When used in conjunction with Cleaner F3 gas savings of up to 15% can be achieved every time you heat your room
- Supports boiler manufacturer’s warranty requirements
- Treats up to 130 litres of system water (16 radiators) and the equivalent of 250m2 of underfloor systems.
- High performance, non toxic, environmentally friendly – NSF, KIWA and Belgaqua approved formulation